Listening to the needs of innovation intermediaries and SMEs, INNO-4-AGRIFOOD has launched the improved versions of its services, search tool and e-learning solutions to stimulate and support online collaboration in the agri & food sector.
The offer of INNO-4-AGRIFOOD aims to:
- Unlock the innovation potential of agri & food SMEs at national and international level by making the most out of digital means of collaboration;
- Enhance the service portfolio and skills of consultancies, SME support networks and other innovation intermediaries, enabling them to provide even more effective support to their clients.
INNO-4-AGRIFOOD has co-created 3 services that can be easily adopted by consultants and other professionals in practice to help companies unlock their innovation potential:
- Business scan: this service includes personalized support towards identifying the kind of collaborations an SME should seek to innovate and grow its business. The service starts off with the consultant and SME jointly exploring and co-defining its business needs to be addressed through collaboration, as well as its relative positioning within the agri & food value chain. It concludes with the consultant providing personalized recommendations for potential collaborations from which the SME can derive substantial benefits at national or international level.
- Online innovation platforms: this service includes support and advice on finding and selecting the most appropriate online innovation platforms. The service begins with the consultant profiling the SME with the purpose to identify business needs that have the potential to be addressed through existing online innovation platforms. Based on their personal profile, the consultant introduces the SME to online collaboration and provides meaningful recommendations for suitable platforms, along with guidelines on how to best use them in practice.
- Online collaboration apps: this service focuses on supporting the integration of useful digitally-enabled collaboration tools within the business processes of SMEs. Based on the needs of the SMEs, the consultant will recommend suitable apps and provide practical guidelines on how the SMEs can utilize the full potential of the recommended apps.
All services are complementary to the existing service offers of innovation intermediaries in Europe as well as 'light' in terms of time and resources required for their delivery to avoid inducing unnecessary complexity and workload for the intermediaries who will provide them.
What makes these services even more beneficial is the fact that they are free of charge, personalized and delivered by well-trained consultants, either in person or remotely.
The INNO-4-AGRIFOOD Search Tool offers a single entry point for relevant and interesting information about the agri-food sector. The second, improved version of the Search Tool is powered by a database of more than 360 agri & food domains and is available online via web and mobile interfaces in 10 different languages.
Based on the input of innovation consultants and other intermediaries we have improved our e-learning offer as well, featuring 14 interactive modules across 7 training sections:
- Agri & food industry (State of the art and emerging technologies; Emerging trends; Characteristics of the agri-food ecosystem, including EU-funding; Key features of important networks, such as TRADEIT, TRAFOON and more)
- Support service skills (Practical approaches for identifying customer needs; Key business advisor concepts, i.e. business plans, market analyses and more; Effective communication with your SME clients)
- Soft skills (The basics of building trust; Getting your message across)
- Collaboration skills (Overcoming barriers in initiating international collaborations; Various tools to monitor collaboration with and of your SME client; IPR protection for innovative agri-food SMEs)
- Innovation management skills (The concept of innovation management in the agri-food ecosystem; Work on innovation management with your clients)
- ICT skills (Online collaboration platforms, tools and applications)
- INNO-4-AGRIFOOD services (Introduction to the INNO-4-AGRIFOOD innovation support services).
One of the key additions to our e-learning offer is the set of 8 new real-life case studies which have been developed based on our experiences with the agri & food companies that we have supported in the framework of INNO-4-AGRIFOOD.
Demand-driven and accessible
All of the value propositions that INNO-4-AGRIFOOD has to offer are co-developed, demonstrated and validated in real-life contexts with the active involvement of agri & food SMEs and their innovation intermediaries. This is how we aim to ensure that INNO-4-AGRIFOOD generates final outcomes that can really meet their needs and expectations.